Recipe: Appetizing Ghee Rice
Ghee Rice. Ghee rice is a one pot rice dish made with ghee, rice, spices & nuts. It is one of the most basic flavored rice recipe served with kurma or any curry. Instructions for stovetop & Instant pot.
Ghee rice is a simple yet popular dish found in south Indian cuisine. While cooking Ghee rice, the aroma from the spices and the rice roasting in the ghee will spread all over the house in no time and everyone will be seen taking in a few deep breaths. Learn how to make Ghee Rice an aromatic and delicious rice recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food! Nowdays, you should can boil Ghee Rice using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghee Rice
- You need 2 cup of Basmati/Jeerakasala Rice.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 1 medium of Sliced Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Green Chillies.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Ginger-Garlic Paste (Optional).
- Prepare 4 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 2 piece of Cinnamon.
- You need 4 of Cloves.
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 6 of Crushed Pepper.
- You need 2 pinch of Fennel Seeds.
- You need 2 of Star Anise.
- You need 1 pinch of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 4 cup of Hot Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Chopped Mint Leaves.
- You need of Salt.
Ghee rice is the best recipe due to its simple. The aroma of fragrant rice and clarified butter along with spices announces that it is time to stop whatever. Ghee rice prepared using ghee, basmati rice, onion, garlic, ginger, cashews, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise. Ghee rice recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video.
Ghee Rice step by step
- Heat the ghee & add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, fennel, star anise & crushed pepper. Saute for two minutes..
- Add the chopped onion & sliced chillies into it. Cook till onions are translucent..
- This step is optional. You can skip it, if you don't want to add ginger-garlic paste to the onions, else add it. Saute..
- Add rice to the pan & stir fry for two minutes. Add water, salt & turmeric powder. When the water starts boiling, add the mint leaves. Close the lid & cook it till all the water is gone. Stir occasionally..
- When the rice is done, garnish with mint & coriander leaves..
Ghee rice is one of the simplest dishes that anyone with basic cooking skills should learn to make. This recipe should also be in the kitchen survival kit handed over by mums (or dads). Ghee rice recipe with step wise photos. Ghee rice or nei choru is a popular rice dish from south India. It is very popular especially in Tamil nadu and kerala.