How to Cook Delectable Black Bean and Rice Skillet
Black Bean and Rice Skillet.
Nowdays, you should can have Black Bean and Rice Skillet using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you make it.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Skillet
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of instant brown rice.
- It’s 2 tsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded cheese.
Black Bean and Rice Skillet step by step
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion, peppers and corn kernels. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until the onions and peppers begin to soften and the corn has some color on it..
- Increase the heat up to med-high. Stir in the garlic, zucchini, diced tomatoes, drained beans and seasonings. Give it all a stir. Once the garlic and seasonings are fragrant, add the rice and stir it around for a minute to toast it a bit..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and once it reaches a boil, place the lid on. Turn down the heat to med-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Then turn the heat off, but leave the lid on and let it sit for 5 more minutes..
- After it sits, check it. The liquid should be pretty much absorbed. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place the lid back on for another 2 or so minutes, until the cheese melts. Then serve it up..