Recipe: Appetizing Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous
Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous.
Nowdays, you should can make Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous
- It’s of Basic Cauli Rice with Meat.
- Prepare 1 of large cauliflower head, washed and minced.
- It’s 1 of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of of a garlic head, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of of an inch slice of butter.
- Prepare Pcs of meat (ex bacon, sausage, mince).
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of Meat drippings.
- Prepare 1 pc of fried egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Garnish (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Flavored Cauli Rice.
- You need 1 tsp of Nasi Goreng paste.
Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous step by step
- Cook your meat first in a pan. I used a salty-garlicky sausage link called longganisa in the Philippines. This sausage gives out a lot of drippings that will definitely make the cauli rice tasty. Another good option is bacon or prosciutto..
- Romove your meat from pan and ser aside. Lower the heat, sauté the onions then add the garlic..
- Roughly chop your meat and add to the pan. Sauté with the onions and garlic..
- How to prep the cauliflower: wash and dry it well using a towel. Cut into florets. Separate the stalks and remove the non-edible green leaves of course. You can use the stalks connected to the flower heads, just make sure to mince well. I used a chopper/mincer machine this time, faster! After mincing, let it air dry or squeeze through with a paper towel. We need to dry it or else it will become mushy after cooking..
- Add portion by portion to your pan with the garlic-onion-meat. Season with salt and pepper. I added butter when the drippings were absorbed fully, and started looking dry. Keep mixing until everything is cooked..
- Garnish with a sunny side up or scrambled egg strips. Garnish with parsely or green onions on top. I used bell pepper, it's what I had in the fridge..
- Flavored Cauli Rice- I tried a Nasi Goreng paste. Normally it's used on rice, but it worked well with the cauli rice too. Just add a small amount, mix well..