Recipe: Tasty Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
Nowdays, you should can produce Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of For the rue:.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- Prepare of Optional toppings:.
- It’s of Diced bacon.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..