Beginners Guide To Prepare Good Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix
Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix.
Nowdays, you should can boil Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raw almonds.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (or dried fruit of choice).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large, rimmed baking tray with parchment paper or foil and set it aside. If using foil, very lightly grease it with some additional coconut oil..
- Lay out the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a couple of paper towels and dry them the best you can. Discard any skins that have come loose. Once dried, toss them with the coconut oil and salt. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, shaking them around gently about halfway through..
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and carefully drizzle them with the maple syrup. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and smoked paprika and toss to evenly coat. I transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl to do this, rather than try to do it on the hot pan..
- Return the chickpeas to the pan, then add the pumpkin seeds and the almonds to the pan. Return to the oven for anywhere between 6-10 more minutes, until the nuts/pumpkin seeds are toasted and the chickpeas are browned and crispy. Set the tray over a wire rack to let everything cool completely..
- Once cool, place the chickpea mixture into a large bowl, stir in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate and that's it..
- You can serve it immediately or you can store it for later. Store it in an airtight container (such as a mason jar) for up to 1 week..