Recipe: Delectable Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup. Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. They should also not have any soft spots, but should be quite firm. Amazing Acorn Squash Botanical name: Cucurbita pepo var. turbinate.
When it comes to winter squash we usually focus on butternut squash and pumpkin. Although considered a winter squash, the acorn squash is from the same family as summer squash, which includes zucchini. It is a botanical fruit which is treated as a culinary vegetable. Nowdays, you should can prepare Acorn Squash & Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
- It’s 1 of acorn squash.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of butter, or vegan butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy cream, or coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 of chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
Fun fact about acorn squash – acorn squash is a winter squash. However, it belongs to the same family as pumpkin and butternut squash – the summer squash family. Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a chef's knife to cut this squash in half, or at least another heavy-duty knife that has some real heft to it. Acorn squash (Cucurbita pepo), while typically considered a winter squash, is part of the same species as summer squash (zucchini and crookneck squash).
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup step by step
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves.
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender..
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender..
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings..
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!.
Acorn squash recipes from Martha Stewart, including soups, salads, easy side dishes, stuffing, and much more. Acorn squash's buttery taste pairs well with sweet, spicy, and savory ingredients alike. These basked and roasted acorn squash ideas would also easily work as entrées. The sausage and kale stuffed acorn squash or the beef enchilada stuffed acorn squash are both hearty enough to. Long version of How to Cook Acorn Squash: First things first!