Recipe: Delicious Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry
Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet This easy, flavorful coconut chickpea curry is ready in no time and packed with flavor! Now with a recipe video, above the curry recipe below!
The fresh cilantro and the lime juice. Coconut curry chicken and vegetables: this curry has some red pepper in it, but feel free to increase the veggies! Spicy cayenne, tasty curry, and sweet (but light!) coconut milk makes this chicken dinner recipe a standout. Nowdays, you should can produce Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Prepare 1 Lb. of Chicken Thighs, Trimmed And Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon- Salt -First.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry Powder -First.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Oil- First.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oil- Second.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion, Chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper – Diced.
- You need 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato -Diced.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno-Diced (If you want more spice add the seeds:).
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped- Fine.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt- Second.
- You need 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder- Second.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- It’s 14 of -Oz. Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 6 of -Oz. Tomato Paste.
- It’s 16 of -Oz. Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 C. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro – Lightly Chopped Just Before Adding Them- No Stems.
- It’s 2 C. of Cooked Rice, For Serving.
WD Test Kitchen tip: For the healthiest choice, buy canned coconut milk without any added preservatives. I said this curry was loaded with fabulous flavor. It starts out with onions, garlic, curry powder, fresh ginger and lemongrass all sautéed together in a few spoonfuls of coconut oil. Coconut Chickpea Curry A rich coconut curry broth with onion, garlic, ginger, Indian spices in coconut milk and tossed with chickpeas.
Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry instructions
- 1. Mix the cornstarch the first salt and first curry powder together and lightly coat the diced chicken. Shake off the excess coating..
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoon oil. Add the diced chicken thighs cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, then remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- 3. In the same pan Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers,tomato, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Stir in Garam masala, the second salt, the second curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste,chickpeas and chicken stock. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined and bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes..
- 6. Sprinkle in the lightly chopped cilantro just before service with rice..
- Note this did not come out spicy hot so if you like fire then feel free to bump it up. This tastes really good!.
One of our favorite foods to eat is Indian food because it is so full of flavor. You literally won't miss the chicken in this dish because it has so many complex. This is a classic coconut curry with tender cauliflower and soft chickpeas thats all made in one pot and has a simple mix of spices. That sauce is super addictive and you'll love how easy it is to make. It's vegan and gluten free, but you can easily add chicken or shrimp if you prefer meat.