The Best Way to Concoct Good ~Shamrock's~ 3 Bean Chili
~Shamrock's~ 3 Bean Chili. This easy turkey chili recipe uses lean ground turkey and a whole lotta beans! It's healthy, hearty and perfect for lunch A good chili recipe is a must and this vegan Three Bean Chili is loaded with flavor, protein and fiber. You won't miss the meat in a spicy chili brimming with three kinds of beans.
Chef Samuel developed this recipe for a high school foodservice audience. Three kinds of beans and ground beef make this a hearty, satisfying slow cooker chili. As with most chilis, the recipe is versatile, and it's easily adapted to your family's tastes. Nowdays, you should can produce ~Shamrock's~ 3 Bean Chili using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of ~Shamrock's~ 3 Bean Chili
- It’s 4 of lbs. ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of Large Cans – Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of Large Cans – Dark Kidney Beans.
- Prepare 2 of Large Cans – Light Kidney Beans.
- You need 1 of Large Can – Garbanzo Beans.
- Prepare 2 of Onions-chopped.
- You need 4 of Green Peppers -chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Serrano Peppers –finely diced.
- You need 2 of Jalapeño Peppers –finely diced.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Garlic – finely diced.
- You need of Chili Powder.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need of Tabasco Sauce.
Ground turkey is an excellent alternative to the ground beef or use some ground sausage with the ground beef to add. The best part of chili is the toppings don't you think? Here are some of my favourite chili toppings This hearty vegetarian three bean chili is packed with protein from three varieties of beans: pinto, black, and kidney beans. Chipotle peppers give spice and smoky flavor to the chili.
~Shamrock's~ 3 Bean Chili instructions
- In large (3 gallon) soup pot brown ground beef with 1 chopped onion, garlic, 2 tbps. Chili powder, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Drain grease and return to pot..
- Add 2 large cans whole peeled tomatoes (with juice) and 2 chopped green peppers, 1 finely diced Serrano pepper, and 1 finely diced Jalapeño pepper. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Drain all canned beans and add to pot..
- Add remaining onion and chopped peppers (1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, 1 Serrano pepper finely diced, 1 Jalapeño pepper finely diced). Add 3 tbsp. Chili powder, 1 tbsp. Cayenne, ½ tsp. Tabasco Sauce..
- Cook on low for approximately 60-90 minutes until chili thickens. Stir frequently..
- Chili will continue to thicken as it cools..
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with Chopped Cilantro, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sliced Green Onions and your favorite Margarita!.
Serve it with rice to make it a more filling meal! Thank you to USA Pulses and Pulses Canada for sponsoring this post! Some chilis need to simmer for a long time to help the flavors develop. This one doesn't because Melissa Rubel Jacobson, F&W Test Kitchen Associate, mixes in a little bit of bacon, which instantly adds meatiness and a nice smoky flavor. Easy vegan chili with three beans, everyday vegetables, and pantry ingredients.