The Most Practical Way To Brew Appetizing Au Gratin Potatoes
Au Gratin Potatoes. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again!
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Nowdays, you should can prepare Au Gratin Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Au Gratin Potatoes
- Prepare 4 of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 TBS of flower.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
Au Gratin Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it's ready to serve..
Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps. Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious.