Recipe: Comfortable Carrot and Potato Gratin
Carrot and Potato Gratin. Thanks to a challenge in the TOH community a few years back, my husband and I tried parsnips and discovered that we liked them! In fact, I started growing them in my garden and have been trying new things with them. This recipe is one of my.
With Passover comes lots of cleaning, matzah eating, and potato peeling. This potato, carrot, and mushroom gratin is here for you. The soft flavors of the vegetables combine Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil and place in oven. Nowdays, you should can produce Carrot and Potato Gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Carrot and Potato Gratin
- You need 2 of onions, sliced (not diced).
- It’s 5 of potatoes, sliced thin.
- You need 4 of carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of heavy cream.
- You need to taste of Dried thyme,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded parm cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix).
- It’s 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Dice potatoes into cubes and cut the carrots into slices. Put the potatoes and carrots in a pan of water, cover with water and season with salt, pepper, caraway seeds and nutmeg. This simple, comforting root vegetable gratin is perfumed with fragrant thyme and bay leaves before being baked with a bubbly Gruyère crust. Get the recipe for Celery Root, Carrot, and Potato Gratin »Anders Schonnemann.
Carrot and Potato Gratin step by step
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used..
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top..
An absolutely delicious gratin from Bon Appetite. This is the perfect dish to serve with green salad leaves,or a perfect accompaniment to fish or meat. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. I did everything as recipe directs except used thinly sliced carrots instead of potatoes.