Beginners Guide To Cook Nice Eggplant Gratin
Nowdays, you should can boil Eggplant Gratin using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- It’s 1 of large eggplant.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- Prepare 12 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- You need 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Eggplant Gratin instructions
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.