Tips How To Make Tasty Potato Gratin
Potato Gratin. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe. Gratin (French pronunciation: [ɡʁatɛ̃]) is a culinary technique in which an ingredient is topped with a browned crust, often using breadcrumbs, grated cheese, egg or butter.
A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals. Thin slices of Yukon gold potato are baked in cream, milk, two cheeses, garlic. Nowdays, you should can produce Potato Gratin using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Potato Gratin
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 200 ml of milk.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of grated cheese.
A simple marriage of potatoes and cream, this side dish transforms in the oven into a nutty, rich, satin-textured casserole that's way. Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Pour cream mixture over potatoes and cover dish tightly with foil.
Potato Gratin instructions
- Peel the potatoes and chop into 2cm slices. Put them into a pot of salted water and boil until the potatoes become soft..
- Slice the onion, and fry in a pan with olive oil until browned..
- To make the white sauce, put the margarine and flour into a pan on medium heat and stir until the mixture becomes sticky. Then add milk, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Continue to stir gently to avoid getting lumps in the mixture..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Put the potatoes with the onions on a baking dish and pour on the white sauce. Finally add grated cheese on top. Bake for about 15 min or until the top has browned nicely..
Bring to room temperature before broiling. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps. Move out the way, mashed potatoes.