Tips How To Produce Good Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again. Reduce heat; cook potatoes until fork-tender. The mashed potato frosting is basically my skinny garlic mashed potatoes made with fresh thyme which really compliments the meatloaf.
I piped the mashed potato on for the photo but ordinarily I just pile it on then fluff it up with a fork – much faster! These meatloaf cupcakes have a whipped sweet potato frosting and fresh herb "sprinkles"! Granted, frosted meat cupcakes may not sound like a treat, but this recipe takes plain ol' meat and potatoes and makes them fun and appealing for kids. Nowdays, you should can have Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting using 17 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- You need of meatloaf mix:.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of topper:.
- It’s 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare of potato frosting:.
- Prepare 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
I used instant potato flakes, but you could While the potatoes are still hot, add the cream cheese, garlic, and parsley to the bowl. Stir to combine, and continue to stir the potatoes until the cream cheese has. Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Pipe potato mixture onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate…
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
How to Make Meat Loaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting. Mix together all the ingredients for meatloaf and line a cup cake pan with FOIL cup cake liners. Meatloaf baked in muffin cups and topped with mashed potatoes, also known as meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing, are kid-approved. I received repeated compliments on these meatloaf cupcakes. I will definitely make them again.