Beginners Guide To Cook Succulent Greek Chicken and Potatoes
Greek Chicken and Potatoes.
Nowdays, you should can make Greek Chicken and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- Prepare 5 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- You need 7 of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- Prepare 1 3/4 TBSP of Kosher salt.
- It’s 2-2 1/2 TBSP of dried oregano.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
Greek Chicken and Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.