Recipe: Nice Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls)
Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls). Sushi Chef Marisa Baggett demonstrates the technique for creating inside out sushi rolls. www.marisabaggett.com. Sushi rolls, or 'makizushi' in Japanese, are what most non-Japanese people think of when they think of sushi. This recipe shows you how to make a basic uramaki inside out sushi roll.
They had these delicious Ura Maki sweet potato rolls as appetizers, I totally had to. Uramaki sushi is sushi die zo is opgerold, dat de rijst aan de buitenkant zit. De sushi ingrediënten zitten in het midden en daartussen de Nori (zeewier). Nowdays, you should can boil Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls)
- Prepare of Sushi Rice *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice.
- It’s of Nori (Seaweed Sheets).
- You need of <Filling Suggestions>.
- It’s of Cucumber & Wasabi.
- It’s of Carrot (cooked in salted water).
- It’s of Avocado.
- Prepare of Canned Tuna and Japanese Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Omelette.
- It’s of Boiled Prawns.
- It’s of Takuan (Japanese Pickled Daikon).
- You need of Unagi Kabayaki (Grilled & Seasoned Eel).
- Prepare of Ham.
- It’s of Radish Sprouts.
- It’s of Smoked Salmon.
- Prepare of Fresh Sashimi.
- You need of Chicken Teriyaki.
- It’s of Today I used Carrot, Cucumber, Omelette and Kanpyō.
The inside out sushi roll (or Uramaki, 裏巻), is more common in the west than in Japan and is very popular in western sushi bars. Cover the rolling mat with a plastic wrap starting with the round side, and ending with it. Uramaki is the Japanese word for inside-out rolls. They are a little more difficult to make than maki rolls are.
Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) step by step
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet evenly. You may wish to sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds or finely chopped herbs over the rice..
- Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on the Sushi Rice and gently press down. Flip over so that Nori is facing upward, and place on the Makisu (bamboo mat)..
- Place some filling on the Nori, then start to roll. Lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over the filling, and roll tightly forward to the end, peeling off the plastic food wrap from the rice. Tightly wrap the sushi roll with the plastic food wrap..
- Cut the sushi roll wrapped in the plastic food wrap with a sharp knife into bite sized pieces. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel. *Tips: Slightly wet the knife makes cutting a lot easier..
- Remove the plastic wrap from sushi pieces, and arrange them on a serving plate..
- It is much easier to make thin Maki-zushi rolls than thick ones. To do this, you may have to cut your Nori sheets in half, and use one filling for each roll..
Squeeze the roll again with the rolling mat to press the toppings onto the sushi roll. This will help ensure that the toppings don't fall off when you cut or. Elegant and delicious Uramaki (Inside-out Roll) with avocado, shrimps, and pickled ginger. Recipe with step-by-step instructions and You do need a makisu or sushi rolling mat and these are inexpensive and easily available. Method Roll the bamboo mat forward, pressing the ingredients inside the cylinder-shaped sushi.