The Best Way to Produce Delicious Nikudofu – Simmered Meat and Tofu
Nikudofu – Simmered Meat and Tofu. A Japanese chef will show you how to make a Simmerd Meat and Tofu (肉豆腐). This Japanese food recipe can be made in a short time. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Simmered Meat Tofu Called Nikudofu.
Simmered in a thick soy based broth, this Kanazawa-style Simmered Chicken and Tofu (Jibuni) is a comfort food that is an iconic dish in So, they called it jibuni! Ingredients of Kanazawa-style Simmered Chicken and Tofu (Jibuni). Today's dinner is simmered meat and tofu. Nowdays, you should can make Nikudofu – Simmered Meat and Tofu using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Nikudofu – Simmered Meat and Tofu
- You need 200 grams of Australian beef (thinly sliced chuck roll).
- Prepare 200 grams of Tofu.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of each ☆Soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Bonito or kombu based dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 dash of Sashimi soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Shredded white part of a leek and/or edamame (for garnish).
Cut sliced beef into bite size pieces. Nikujaga quite literally translates to "meat and potatoes" – niku means "meat" and jaga means "potatoes" in Japanese. It's a comfort food and the Japanese version of beef stew. The beef in Nikujaga is added more for flavor than substance.
Nikudofu – Simmered Meat and Tofu step by step
- Cut the onion in half lengthwise, then cut into 6 pieces crosswise into six pieces. Cut the half block of tofu into 6 pieces. If the beef slices are too big, cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Combine the soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar into a frying pan with 100 ml of water, and put in the onion and tofu in one layer. Cook over medium heat until boiling, lower the heat to low and cover with a lid..
- This is the star of this dish, the meat. Inexpensive Aussie beef..
- When the onion turns translucent, add the beef. I just threw it in all together, but you should wave each slice around shabu-shabu style in the cooking liquid as you add it, or you may get one big clump of meat stuck together..
- If it bothers you, skim off the scum. Add the green onion to finish, turn off the heat, then add a little sashimi soy sauce (I think about 1 teaspoon)..
- I garnished it with edamame. If you don't have any sashimi soy sauce, just use more regular soy sauce. That last addition of soy sauce makes the dish more fragrant and brings the flavors together..
- If you increase the seasoning ingredients by 1 and a half times and add some shirataki noodles, the dish becomes a lot more substantial! It's even better the next day after the flavors have soaked in..
This is a real workhorse of the Japanese home kitchen. To serve, thicken with cornstarch solution and garnish with chopped spring onions. I love mapo tofu from a small child and my mother always cooked this at home with her self-made red Usually mapo tofu is cooked with minced pork or sometimes with beef. However I replace the meat part with chopped shitake mushrooms. Vegan Mapo Tofu You can easily omit the meat and chicken broth.