The Easiest Way To Boil Appetizing Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way.
Nowdays, you should can boil Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
- You need 4 of large potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 16 oz of block of Muenster cheese, or cheese of choice, i sliced mine thin OR grate it.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Grated parm for each layer.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder or fresh garlic, smashed and chopped.
- Prepare of I cup of garlic bread crumbs or a cup or so of garlic croutons crushed.
Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray or grease an iron skillet or casserole dish. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the skillet or pan, covering the bottom..
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and cover the layer with the cheese and a sprinkling of parm. Muenster is a softish cheese so I sliced it thin but you can grate it if you’re adventurous..
- Repeat the layers the same until all the potatoes and cheese are used, ending with cheese..
- In a medium sauce pan, On med/high heat, melt butter and add flour and stir for a minute. Pour in milk and whisk. Stir until it bubbles up and thickens. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir..
- Pour sauce over potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- Uncover the potatoes after 45 minutes and add bread crumbs and another sprinkling of parm. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until hot, brown and bubbly, about another 15-20 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes then cut and enjoy..